POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Very silly : Re: Very silly Server Time
6 Sep 2024 01:27:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Very silly
From: moppel
Date: 28 Mar 2009 01:40:01
Message: <web.49cdb7711757872ead8aff760@news.povray.org>
> On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:21:14 -0400, moppel wrote:
> Seriously, what you describe reminds me of RedHat in the v6 and v7 days.
> Yeah, Vista is a dream.....if you like nightmares.

You're right, that's a couple of years ago. It was even before Ubuntu. However,
I'm actually happy with Vista. Never had trouble with it. The one thing I still
miss is Linux' shell scripting capabilities. But that's not enough to make want
to spend any effort to get into Linux again. And it's saving so much time when
you have to handle only one OS instead of two.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure that Linux made great progress and that it's
working perfect for you. But I already gave it so many "second chances" back
then. Now I'm using Windows exclusively, and I don't regret it.
Cheers,
Burkhard