POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Feature Request: Binary #write : Re: Feature Request: Binary #write Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:15:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Feature Request: Binary #write
From: clipka
Date: 25 Mar 2009 15:05:01
Message: <web.49ca7f4a6dca0b64c1f399840@news.povray.org>
> I think this will be useful, so please go ahead and integrate it.

With pleasure!

> One request,
> though, is that you alter 'int16' to be (for example) 'int16be' (or 'beint16')
> to indicate it's a big-endian int that will be written. Optionally you may want
> to implement LE and 32-bit words as well.

The implementation now supports single bytes as well as 16-bit and 32-bit words,
both big- and little-endian. Both signed and unsigned flavors are supported as
well, except for 32-bit (only signed flavor for now). Keywords follow the
'sint16be' pattern (signed 16-bit big-endian), with the endianness-suffix
dropped for bytes ('sint8'/'uint8').

Ready to be released with the next beta.