POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : remove array element after N uses? : Re: remove array element after N uses? Server Time
15 May 2024 23:42:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: remove array element after N uses?
From: clipka
Date: 25 Mar 2009 12:50:00
Message: <web.49ca600c9fb46029c1f399840@news.povray.org>
> Hmm, looks very much like Acorn BASIC. Although, 5 seconds? If that were a beeb
> you'd be ready to go before your finger had even left the power button...
>
> (GOSUB, eww. PROC was the only way forwards :-) )

Not on the Amstrad CPC 6128 I was toying around with ;)

Locomotive Basic 1.1 ((C) 1985 if I remember correctly...)

The Sinix Basic I had to work with about 20 years later was a bit more
sophisticated... still I was glad it was only a few months' assignment ;) (Much
of the stuff I had to deal with was old-school code, with lots of GOTO
<line_number> in it >_<)

It was quite fun though: As the old Sinix machine was scheduled for ultimate
powerdown, the task was to port those programs... to VBA of course :P

I ended up writing a parser for the old Sinix Basic code that would
auto-generate a VBA module, and a library of subroutines that would simulate
the Sinix Basic's formatted input, output and file access functions with all
their peculiarities...

Why do a brain-dead job when you can write a brain-dead piece of software to do
it for you? Usually it costs about the same time it actually saves, but it sure
as hell is a good deal more fun ;) (plus, it tends to impress people)