POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Scattering media not sampled properly? : Scattering media not sampled properly? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Scattering media not sampled properly?
From: clipka
Date: 24 Mar 2009 22:05:01
Message: <web.49c990d587fb1a98ee2312a30@news.povray.org>
I may be mistaken, but in experimenting with scattering media, it seems to me
that sampling method 3 fails to properly attenuate the light scattered to the
observer, leading to what I think is overly bright media when e.g. viewing a
media-based ground fog at a shallow angle.

Another thing that worries me is that the illumination of scattering media does
not seem to take into account extinction effects from the very same media - or
at least I wasn't able to dig up the code that does it.

Anyone can confirm / disprove this?

I'll try to draft some test scenes for the two issues.