POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings : request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  request to increase 700K limit of 'animation' postings
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Mar 2009 00:10:00
Message: <web.49c85c8f65dd188cf50167bc0@news.povray.org>
As I get deeper into POV-Ray animation--while naturally wanting to show off my
results to the POV-Ray community--it's getting more and more difficult to
compress the file size under the 700K limit imposed at p.b.animations, without
sacrificing a great deal of the image quality. (And I'm talking about a
ten-second animation at most.) Yes, I suppose I could start a Youtube acount
and post them there (or start my own website), but I'd rather not upload my
stuff onto Youtube; and I haven't gotten around to creating my own site (am I
the only one left??)

An increase to, say, 5MB to 10 MB would allow a *much* nicer animation to be
posted, without unduly stuffing the newsgroup hard drives.

I realize there must be a reason for the limit--either due to limited hard disk
space or the bandwidth of the POV-Ray server(s)' upload/download link. If it's
just a lack of available disk space, I for one would be willing to purchase a
new drive for the newsgroups. (A genuine offer, BTW.)

Anyway, I wanted to throw this question out there to see what others might have
to say on the topic.

Ken W.