POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 35mm Camera Macros Posted on p.b.s-f : Re: 35mm Camera Macros Posted on p.b.s-f Server Time
19 May 2024 17:51:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 35mm Camera Macros Posted on p.b.s-f
From: sooperFoX
Date: 18 Mar 2009 06:15:01
Message: <web.49c0c8bc46c917513e3c08aa0@news.povray.org>
"Edouard" <pov### [at] edouardinfo> wrote:
> Arrgh! Bugs!
>
> Thank-you for pointing out that error - I think it was masked in my testing by
> the fact that I #declaring f_ratio in my main .pov file, and so the macro
> didn't throw an error, and the test scene rendered correctly for me...

Yes, that makes sense.

All your macro needs now is a way to set the relative scale, in case the rest of
the scene was not modeled with 1 pov-unit = 1mm. This would help a lot with
'dropping in' the macro to existing scenes that were not written with that in
mind. For example, many of the sample scenes that come with POV!

Something like Camera35mm_SetUnitsPerMM(0.1) or Camera35mm_SetMMPerUnit(10), for
a scene where 1 pov-unit = 1cm. I can't say I completely understand the lens
maths involved with your macro so I'm not sure how feasible this would be.

Anyway, thanks again for a really useful macro!

- sooperFoX