POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Converting Models to CSG : Re: Converting Models to CSG Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting Models to CSG
From: David D
Date: 15 Mar 2009 00:15:00
Message: <web.49bc8014bc77386476e7fed20@news.povray.org>
Thanks to all for the advice!

Sherry -- I would be very interested in seeing what you came up with for an IRTC
entry using this method, particularly if it is from early in your development
with POV-Ray.  Can you post a link?

What you described with taking a physcial object and converting it into CSG a
step at a time is exactly what I would like to do.  I have physical models of
different things around the house that I would love to CSG-ify, and after that I
have several scanned diagrams and schematics for various machines and devices
that it would be fun to convert into (first static, then animated) models.