POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Max_trace_level larger than 256? : Re: Max_trace_level larger than 256? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Max_trace_level larger than 256?
From: clipka
Date: 12 Mar 2009 12:10:00
Message: <web.49b933cc326e0563f708085d0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Just took the time to have a look at the source code: It does indeed set the
> > color to a hard-coded <0,0,0> when hitting max_trace_level.
>
> Do you think that using the background color or sky_sphere pigment would be a
> worthwhile suggestion for versions 3.7 and 4.0?

I think it would be, yes.

Or, maybe even better, a max_trace_color.

Best if it could be specified on a per-texture basis.

Penultimate if it could be specified separately for reflection and refraction.

Then again, I guess in most cases a global max_trace_color would perfectly
suffice, and it would not waste too much memory.