POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Source 3.7 Beta 31, Linux 64 bits - Bounding optimisation and contained_by sphere : Re: Source 3.7 Beta 31, Linux 64 bits - Bounding optimisation andcontained_= Server Time
5 Oct 2024 15:35:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source 3.7 Beta 31, Linux 64 bits - Bounding optimisation andcontained_=
From: clipka
Date: 11 Mar 2009 21:00:01
Message: <web.49b85de2914215c801985dd0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> The issue is with the container object vs automatic bounding.
> The function is mainly irrelevant in the issue (but it happens only for
> isosurface, so we need some anyway)

Are you sure you're not just messing up "contained_by" and "bounded_by"?

"bounded_by" is intended to provide the renderer with a manually-optimized
bounding shape instead of the auto-generated bounding box.

"contained_by" is intended to clip away parts of an object's surface (namely all
that lie outside the clipped_by shape), and has *nothing* to do with bounting.

(I think it's even mentioned somewhere in the FAQ.)