POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Model of a CD or DVD? : Re: Model of a CD or DVD? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:24:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Model of a CD or DVD?
From: clipka
Date: 10 Mar 2009 12:45:00
Message: <web.49b698fefcf97533f708085d0@news.povray.org>
"JustIntonation" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Does anyone out there have a model of a CD/DVD (preferably with a realistic
> looking shiny side and a printable label side that I can map an image onto)
> that they might be willing to share?  Alternatively if you can give me a very
> rough starting point that I can try to enhance that would be really great.

CD/DVD are a difficult thing to do in POV, as the physical effect creating the
colors is very different from any surface properties that can be specified in
POV. So even if you find a realistically-looking POV CD model, I wouldn't
expect the interaction between multiple such objects to come anywhere close to
what you'd see in the real world.