POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Max_trace_level larger than 256? : Max_trace_level larger than 256? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:20:34 EDT (-0400)
  Max_trace_level larger than 256?
From: Mike
Date: 10 Mar 2009 00:30:05
Message: <web.49b5eb09eed67712cb45af7a0@news.povray.org>
Hi.
I have been running an egg crate pattern of two different IOR regions unioned
together.  It seems to nearly work, but it seems to max out the trace level
"256/256" when I up the frequency of the pattern.  This probably makes sense
since there will be more internal reflections depending on the freq. of my
pattern.  But, is there anyway to increase the max_trace_level to a value
larger than 256? Maybe there is a patch/hack of the source code?
Also, I notice that sometimes when the max trace level gets blown out I get
either a white or black spot.  I would prefer black, can I choose; what does
the difference correspond to?

Thanks,
Mike