POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface : Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:27:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problems combining two isosurfaces with non-flat surface
From: Mike
Date: 10 Mar 2009 00:00:07
Message: <web.49b5e4a38416b8f9cb45af7a0@news.povray.org>
I was able to get it to work pretty closely to reality.
By combining the tank with the liquids in a union using the difference command
for the two fluids and making sure to scale and such as we talked about I was
able to get it to work.  The interface disappears with matched IOR.  When I
mismatch the IORs I get effects I might expect.  Actually, one problem I am
having is that a low frequency wave .5 rad/sec works well, but higher
frequencies have weird interface effects.  Actually I am getting a max trace of
256/256 with high frequencies, perhaps some full internal reflections.  I am
wondering if there is a way to go above 256 for the max trace level, maybe even
a hack of the source code would be good.  maybe I should repost with that
specific question, but if anyone has any ideas, ...

-Mike