POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : CSG troubles : Re: CSG troubles Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CSG troubles
From: clipka
Date: 8 Mar 2009 20:10:00
Message: <web.49b45d4dda4bf64fe7ac5bf00@news.povray.org>
"stevenvh" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>   difference { A  difference { B C } }
>
> will subtract B from A, but C will be added again.

Thinking about it, you're right - partially. It will possibly not work as
expected if C is a union, as it will be changed to a merge in the process.

> I think my problem was that I tried to use 'inverse' and that IMO behaves oddly.

Hm... didn't you put the "inverse" on the "door" box? Note that

    difference { object{A} object{B} }

is the same as

    intersection { object{A} object{B inverse} }

and not vice versa.