POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth spline curve : Re: Smooth spline curve Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:11:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth spline curve
From: twister
Date: 8 Mar 2009 17:35:00
Message: <web.49b439d7e24f50f3cf53e71a0@news.povray.org>
Of course I want to get a spline following exactly my points. I didn't even
think of combining two splines in one. I don't think it's possible.
For now because natural_spline doesn't give me solution I wonder how to connect
two separate straight lines with smooth curve as a part of of circle or
quadratic function in the way where you can not see where straight lines end
and curve begins. This is a mathematic problem that shouldn't be very complex.
So in the result I would like to create output points array - some kind of
spline substitution. Any ideas?

twister