POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : test if object has been created : Re: test if object has been created Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: test if object has been created
From: clipka
Date: 8 Mar 2009 07:10:00
Message: <web.49b3a6bc6b3f2c25a745f7570@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hmm....that gets me thinking...maybe I should actually make a
> try/catch/finally macro...
>
> I really think things could be easier in pov if there were a nice include
> file of macros that implemented various common programming concepts.
> I have been attempting this to some degree and adding it to my little
> framework. ;-D
> The more I can make SDL act like C# the more I can do with it.

Duh. Sounds like a great idea, but will it be possible at all?

And anyway, I think implementing such things as macros is actually just a
kludge; implementing them in C++ as integral part of the SDL would be a much
better thing (thinking of speed, for instance).

First thing on the agenda for that would be, in my eyes, implementing dynamic
arrays. Seems like that's the thing most commonly asked for. Some other
collections might come in handy, too; for instance, some 3D lookup structure
would probably be of benefit (thinking of kd-tree or octree here).

Then a few additional statements that probably won't really speed up things
much, but make coding a bit simpler, like #for and #foreach loops.