POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Realistic subsurface scattering? : Re: Realistic subsurface scattering? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:10:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic subsurface scattering?
From: triple r
Date: 5 Mar 2009 07:40:02
Message: <web.49afc7e680e98aa063a1b7c30@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Guess what - the guy currently working on it is desparately searching for a
> software to produce reference shots, to get a clearer picture of what is going
> wrong... >_<

Are there some more scientific tests in the literature?  In the classic paper*,
they talk about and reference some more precise measurements of the phenomena.
I'd hate to go to all the trouble of setting up a test case in another program
and finding out it's not possible to make it so precise.  This probably
wouldn't be the case, but it seems I remember some funny business with lighting
intensities in Kerkythea...

 - Ricky

* http://graphics.stanford.edu/papers/bssrdf/