POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 31: Crackle problem : Re: Beta 31: Crackle problem Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 31: Crackle problem
From: Carlo C
Date: 5 Mar 2009 04:15:00
Message: <web.49af97bd54d6e3093ca3a0b90@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>   A "compromise", Don Carlo, actually sounds cool. And with "Don" I don't
> mean the Spanish "sir" title, but the English name (as in Don Johnson).
>
> --
>                                                           - Warp

In fact, at primary schools, my professor called me "Don Carlo",
in honor of the priest *Don Abbondio*, a character of the novel "I Promessi
Sposi" ("The Betrothed" - "Kihlautuneet", for Warp!):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Betrothed_(Manzoni_novel)

In this case, "Don" is a synonym for "priest". :-)

</Off-Topic> (sorry!)

--
Carlo