POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Realistic subsurface scattering? : Re: Realistic subsurface scattering? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 04:51:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realistic subsurface scattering?
From: clipka
Date: 4 Mar 2009 16:20:01
Message: <web.49aeef7a80e98aa026f6761f0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a (free) renderer that does realistic subsurface scattering,
>
>   Something like this?
>
> http://www.luxrender.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=2294&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

Don't know - it's difficult to tell from a shot whether the materials were
modelled based on actual measured physical properties, or just diligently
tweaked until they looked just right, isn'it it?

I'm after a renderer with a realistic - not only convincing - subsurface
scattering model. And I'm after a renderer, not just some shots.