POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Define camera angle from a given right : Re: Define camera angle from a given right Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:16:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Define camera angle from a given right
From: gregjohn
Date: 28 Feb 2009 22:25:00
Message: <web.49a9fefc78557ac434d207310@news.povray.org>
I want complete control of the screen. For example, I want to be able to place a
sphere at the corner of the generated image, no matter what the pixel size or
ratio of the image, no matter the angle (however it's defined).

I've got a way to do this using an obtuse use of the right vector.  It works
perfectly for the camera in the default location. If I want to look somewhere
else, I can simply apply a transform to both the camera and the object.  Using
the formula in that is in the docs doesn't work immediately in my code.  I
suspect the docs aren't completely telling us how the camera actually works--
that image sure as heck doesn't.  There are a bunch of parameters that can be
played with, but I don't know how the camera actually WORKS.

Q: Has anyone seen a more descriptive diagram of the camera?