POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Messages vs Methods : Re: Messages vs Methods Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:14:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Messages vs Methods
From: clipka
Date: 28 Feb 2009 14:30:00
Message: <web.49a98fef36df71f3e41007250@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> And then you realize that, although we call them "objects," they are
> really just abstract representations of certain pieces of information,
> and not really the objects we think of them as :)

.... yet the "objects" (some also refer to them as "instances", which may be a
more fitting term) are more concrete than the "classes" (or "types", as some
call them) - which again are more concrete than the "interfaces" (sometimes
known as "abstract classes" or "abstract types" in languages that don't
explicitly support the notion of interfaces) they implement...