POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Mr. _____ is dead! : Re: Mr. _____ is dead! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 09:17:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mr. _____ is dead!
From: clipka
Date: 27 Feb 2009 13:10:00
Message: <web.49a82bd187ba12098d0daedf0@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I believe in the US at least it's not legal for telemarketers to call
> > mobile phones....
>
> Might no be legal, but that doesn't prevent them from doing it.
> Especially when their name is "Warranty Services" and their phone number
> reads 89989988999888 on the caller ID.

Heh - in Germany virtually all phone contracts (both fixed & mobile) have
incoming calls for free, so mobile phone battery power is the only limiting
factor in having fun with telemarketers... (oh well, and the availability of
telemarketers; I reckon that phone telemarketing is much more common in the US
than over here; I maybe get a telemarketing call once or twice a month, and
mostly on the fixed line while I'm off to work)