POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : It's finally real! : Re: It's finally real! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 03:13:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's finally real!
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Feb 2009 03:05:00
Message: <web.49a4fb9cc22bee46a509ca6e0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> http://xkcd.com/548/
>
> I've wanted one of these for years!  Now I can get one! :)
>
> (Of course, I'm hoping the entry on Earth will be completed *before*
> demolition occurs...)

Hey, don't panic! ;)

It also reminds me of those folks in the 50-60s, who thought all computational
needs in the world could be provided by 2 or 3 supercomputers which would
distribute away such computational power to people in their dumb terminals
around the world.  It turns out computational power became a commodity and
instead data is far more important today, being routed to all people in the
world indeed.