POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating an image_map name: string syntax problem : Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Feb 2009 14:15:00
Message: <web.49a1a3c640230f63f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> > Following your advice, I looked at the
> > 'Overlay' tab, and it tells me that the settings there are automatically
> > applied "to any video file type that supports overlay adjustments"--five
> > slider
> > settings including gamma. But the sliders are ALL dimmed out...

> You should be able to adjust them while a video is playing

Hey, this DOES work!  I never through to try; I figured since they were dimmed
out (when a video *isn't* playing), that was the way they would be no matter
what. Thanks for the tip! I'm still fiddling with the controls to see how well
I can 'match' the original animation look.

This kind of Windows behavior *really* bugs me--the programmers could easily
have added "And BTW, these controls are only dimmed when a video isn't playing"
to the 'Overlay' menu. Or some other clue. But no. After all, most computer menu
commands are chosen *before* the command needs to be used, not *during* an
operation.

Anyway, thanks!

KW