POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : generating an image_map name: string syntax problem : Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:24:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: generating an image_map name: string syntax problem
From: Kenneth
Date: 22 Feb 2009 13:05:00
Message: <web.49a1927a40230f63f50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"Zeger Knaepen" <zeg### [at] povplacecom> wrote:
> "Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> ...But the sliders are ALL dimmed out (even the 'Set to
> > defaults' button) so I can't adjust them. I don't understand why; but they > > are
all at their good default 'mid-p
oints' anyway, with gamma at 1.0.

> You should be able to adjust them while a video is playing

Of course, fiddling with the 'playback appearance' on my own machine brings up a
larger problem, now that I think of it. Since I don't yet know where the
'increased contrast' is coming from in the chain, I'm wondering what my
animation will look like on others' systems if I post it to the newsgroups.
Will others see the animation the way I intended, or will it show the contrast
problem? I have no clue.

BTW, the only trick I can use at present--to *try* and correct this slight shift
on my own system--is to tell the xvid codec to decode (play back) the animation
with a very slight increase in brightness, using its 'brightness' slider
(which may be a gamma adjustment instead, I can't yet tell.) Not such a great
work-around, because it doesn't *really* restore the exact look of the
animation.

KW