POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3-line strings.inc crash : Re: 3-line strings.inc crash Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3-line strings.inc crash
From: How Camp
Date: 18 Feb 2009 16:00:00
Message: <web.499c769d86127f9ec59235590@news.povray.org>
"Chris B" <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> Declaring the variable seems to stop it crashing 3.6.1c.

Good point.  However, this syntax error still causes it to crash:

#include "strings.inc"
#debug VStr(<1,1,1>)
#declare AnyVar = 1;
#if (AnyVar == 1) #end

If I rem out the first two lines (ie, don't include strings.inc), it simply
reports '==' to be wrong (as it should be).  So, what is it in strings.inc that
causes this behavior?  I tried including the relevant VStr() macro directly, but
the crash goes away.