POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Light Source Maximum Brightness? : Re: Light Source Maximum Brightness? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light Source Maximum Brightness?
From: triple r
Date: 15 Feb 2009 01:05:00
Message: <web.4997afe790d0d596ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"sam kim" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> This certainly does the job I wanted to darken the part where both light sources
>
> illuminate.
>
> But do you know the answer to my second question?
>
> Is there a way to define maximum amount of brightness of an object?
>
> I guess I'll just have to use diffuse, but I was wondering if I can just
>
> set a cap instead of using things that'll make it darker at a rate.
>
> Thanks for the solution by the way.

I do not know.  Two alternatives would be to add an ambient finish to brighten
the shadows and require less light, or use radiosity to bleed the colors
together a little.  You could also just move the lights a little farther from
the wall so you don't get such a spike in brightness.  As I said though, I
don't happen to know that it's not possible, but neither am I aware that it is.

 - Ricky