POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : kd-trees rule! : Re: kd-trees rule! Server Time
6 Sep 2024 11:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: kd-trees rule!
From: triple r
Date: 13 Feb 2009 15:35:00
Message: <web.4995d8ab55bca3e6ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
> Nah. Just embed a decent language and invoke it. Tcl might be OK for this,
> and I've heard good things about Lua. Python is hooked into a number of
> programs I've seen, including Blender.

Good advice.  This is what happens, though, when people with no business
programming try to solve common problems.  They reinvent the wheel, shape it
like a square, weld two tons of steel to it, and argue that, "Hey, it works."

> In Blender, you write your python code to invoke Blender objects and frob
> around the internals how you like, then tell Blender "hey, here's your new
> scene."

So with this method, do you have direct access via python to methods and
functions?  That sure would be useful.  I think I'll need to figure this out
for my soon-to-be-job anyway.

> Use one someone already built for you, with the intention that you use it as
> your parser.

Point taken.  Thanks for straightening me out on the subject.

 - Ricky