POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : multilayer interference reflection : Re: multilayer interference reflection Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: multilayer interference reflection
From: triple r
Date: 11 Feb 2009 22:25:01
Message: <web.4993961d8fdac2fef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"Matija" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am trying to make a surface composed of a multilayer. I have made an array of
> bowls and I would like the light from the bottom of the bowls to reflect yellow
> and the light at the sides to reflect blue, as the light incident on the bottom
> hits at a normal angle and the light on the sides at 45 degrees. I have gotten
> some decent result with irid (Iridescence), but not quite correct.

I'm probably way off, so perhaps you shouldn't listen to me, but are you just
describing the angle of incidence pattern?  I can't find it in POV-Ray, but I
know the aoi pattern is in MegaPOV.  If you had a physical model, you could
tabulate properties by angle to get the blue/yellow transition.  Of course this
approach isn't necessarily physically-based, but it sounds similar to what
you're after.

 - Ricky