POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Olympic Flag : Re: Olympic Flag Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:28:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Olympic Flag
From: sam kim
Date: 9 Feb 2009 20:30:01
Message: <web.4990d776a703dd17c859cee0@news.povray.org>
Inside and outside I see..

Thank you for an alternative to Chris's method.

I am a "TA" for this introductory course on art and science.

The professor for this course wants to use Pov-Ray as a tool for

visualizing any scientic idea.

I learned the very basics of Povray here and there.

(The most extensive work I did was to create a flexible code

to generate a boron-nitride nanotube given any chiral vector.

http://deepspace9.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/JSR/artEntry.php?passVar=kim_01
)

I am teaching high school students (since the current professor

does not want to teach herself pov-ray because of her busy schedule)

based on my very limited knowledge.

I would like to explore the alternative method for creating flags, but

I want to venture out into different projects that involves CSG.

I told the students to use CSG to first model a castle or a tower,

showing them Gilles Trans' inspiring image, The Chess Game,

http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=204.

If I make substantial progress on this project, (I must do it to

set an example) I'll come back to this topic.

Thank You, Sam