POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers : Re: Debugging and line numbers Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:12:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Debugging and line numbers
From: clipka
Date: 9 Feb 2009 15:15:01
Message: <web.49908e62c31877f34e63d9990@news.povray.org>
> > I mean, it's not like they have any "quick start" sections (or I'm R'ing
> > T wrong FM's...)
>
> I think Nem's point is that you had to learn debugging techniques on
> Windows at some point and you probably read some documentation on how to
> do it there.

.... and that's where a quick-start doc would come in handy: E.g. how to set
those freakin' compiler flags to get the most out of the debugger.

.... or better yet, how to set those freakin' debugging-related flags of the POV
../configure script, so that it automatically sets all compiler flags I need
(though I fear I won't find such information in the compiler docs) ;)

BTW, I think one of the biggest advancements in debugging is the ability to
single-step through code lines - so unless Borland did something different
there than any modern IDE I know of, then if Linux debuggers don't have it I'll
definitely miss it (if I ever let myself talk into Linux debugging in the first
place, that is).