POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 3.7 SMP documentation : 3.7 SMP documentation Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:07 EDT (-0400)
  3.7 SMP documentation
From: Electrowolf
Date: 7 Feb 2009 13:30:00
Message: <web.498dd1b8ca343f0ae5f464e20@news.povray.org>
I am currently doing some research on multi-cpu/core systems since they are
becoming more and more a common thing in the modern world. In order to get some
"real life" results I'm toying around with the benchmarks option from 3.7 beta
30. One of the major improvements of 3.7 is the SMP support. Unfortunately I
can't find any documentation about how this is being realized in 3.7. Is there
simply no documentation for this or have I been looking in the wrong places?

Another minor question: Is there any way to force the benchmark to work on
a set amount of threads? Currently you can run it on one or on all cpu's, but I
would also like to test it a set amount of threads.

Thanks in advance,

Electrowolf