POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Game recommendations : Re: Game recommendations Server Time
6 Sep 2024 13:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game recommendations
From: triple r
Date: 6 Feb 2009 23:20:01
Message: <web.498d0b29d67b5907ef2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> With the recent gaming-related threads, I thought about creating one
> myself: Do you have any game gems which you would recommend people to try?
> Maybe an older game which most people have forgotten, which is still today
> as great as back then? Or a game which didn't get too much media attention
> but is actually incredibly cool?

Let's see, there's always the original Gameboy Tetris, and of course you'll
never be without 'emacs -batch -l dunnet'.  For the number of games I play,
yes, in fact, I am dead serious.  I also thought World of Goo (
http://2dboy.com/games.php ) was an outstanding example of clever design, it's
just a shame that the game itself isn't a little more interesting.  Other than
that?  Hmm... Myst?  I actually found the cd, installed Windows, and gave it a
try a while back.  It's actually amazing how bad the graphics are, but I guess
it was revolutionary at the time.

 - Ricky