POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Debugging and line numbers : Debugging and line numbers Server Time
16 May 2024 22:06:25 EDT (-0400)
  Debugging and line numbers
From: clipka
Date: 2 Feb 2009 11:55:00
Message: <web.4987253e77e9544e28aa539a0@news.povray.org>
So now I got very frequent segfaults in my development version of POV-Ray -
frequent enough to be reproducible even with the non-optimized debug version
within a few seconds. Time to track them down with valgrind and gdb.

Hum... so now I know in which *function* it crashes - but what do I have to do
in order to get the *line number*??

Digging through assembler code and trying to match it with the C++ source code
is a bit cumbersome, so I guess there *must* be an easier way... even Linux
jockeys can't be *that* masochistic :)

I knew I wouldn't like debugging under Linux :S