POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code? : Re: beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: beta 3.7 multicore feature automatic or requires code?
From: societyofrobots
Date: 2 Feb 2009 01:50:01
Message: <web.4986967fd1616b68e977d74a0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Be warned that radiosity in 3.7.0.beta.30 is almost unusable in any but the
> simplest scenes, due to a number of bugs; radiosity support in
> 3.7.0.beta.30-rad1 (a radiosity update to the beta.30) is much better regarding
> quality, but seems to be just as unusable in practice due to some speed issues
> I'm currently trying to track down and fix, except for scenes with a
> recursion_depth of 1.

Is there an email list or notification feature to send out an email when a fix
comes out? I'm producing POV movies so this speed boost is very desirable . . .
If I install the beta and run into the bug, will downgrading back to the
previous version result in any problems?

(btw nice software, is a huge help for prototyping my electronics products)