POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray generating "seg fixup" messages : Re: povray generating "seg fixup" messages Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray generating "seg fixup" messages
From: Rahul
Date: 30 Jan 2009 14:55:01
Message: <web.49835a758900143959eba08c0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Rahul" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Do you happen to be running Xen?

No. No Xen. Its a raw server. No virtualization at all.

> I just did a quick google for "4gb seg fixup" and found zillions of entries, all
> related to Xen as it seems -

Ah! I guess I always searched for povray+"4gb seg fixup"  and so never came
across those entries. I'll see if I can somehow relate them to my problems.

 the quintessence of the articles being that the
> severity of the messages probably ranges from cosmetic to a performance issue
> (depending on how frequent they appear), that it affects various different
> programs running under Xen, and that you need to replace a certain library with
> a "Xen-friendly" version to get rid of this (details are mentioned in most all
> the googled articles).

My errors seem pretty often too. Almost for every povray invocation.

--
Rahul