POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray generating "seg fixup" messages : Re: povray generating "seg fixup" messages Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:31:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray generating "seg fixup" messages
From: clipka
Date: 30 Jan 2009 11:25:00
Message: <web.4983296f89001439bdc576310@news.povray.org>
"Rahul" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> How can I test though! Because I am getting this header. Any other way to test
> if this is a 32 or 64 bit executable?
>
> /usr/local/bin//povray -v
> Persistence of Vision(tm) Ray Tracer Version 3.6.1 (g++ 3.4.1 @
>  i686-pc-linux-gnu)

The "i686" in the "i686-pc-linux-gnu" platform string is the key: It tells you
that the binary is compatible with "i686" processors - which is an unofficial
but common alias for the Intel Pentium II (following Intel's pre-Pentium era
designations for x86-compatible CPUs) - obviously a 32-bit processor.

In case of a 64-bit executable, the platform string would instead read something
like "ia64-pc-linux-gnu", or "amd64-pc-linux-gnu".