POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : "Extruded" polygon? : Re: "Extruded" polygon? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:31:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Extruded" polygon?
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Jan 2009 23:30:00
Message: <web.497fde1f75453fb114042c770@news.povray.org>
"David E Nedrow" <dne### [at] mecom> wrote:
> I have an object that can be easily described as a 6-sided polygon, but I need
> it to have depth as well. I've seen a couple of suggestions that a polygon
> can't be used for this, but a prism can.
>
> This could also be done by differencing multiple cubes, but that seems less than
> elegant.
>
> Suggestions? If prism IS the way to go, could someone provide a simple example?
>
> -David

You should be able to place cursor on the word prism and hit F1.
If thats too complex, here's another problem, POV needs a bezier spline editor
with very little to nothing available 'til now.

Import SVG, read pov-bezier files, edit bezier spline, export lathe and prism:
http://home.earthlink.net/~openuniverse/

If you know nothing of mirc you may still have no bezier editor.