POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : solar system orrery two : Re: solar system orrery two Server Time
29 May 2024 05:15:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: solar system orrery two
From: alphaQuad
Date: 27 Jan 2009 13:15:00
Message: <web.497f4e6e7180afa5ff21371b0@news.povray.org>
"Bob Hughes" <omniverse charter net> wrote:
> "alphaQuad" <alp### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> >
> > if you need elements in POV
> > http://home.earthlink.net/~openuniverse/
> > code and map links at the bottom
>

> I have the numbers for ascending node and arg. of perihelion, but just
> wasn't sure about using them for a real time simulation.
>
> I remember seeing this being worked on long ago, very impressive. I didn't
> have MegaPOV on this computer but now have looked at this after a couple
> image map changes. Not sure where to tell it to see certain places yet but
> maybe it will start to make more sense to me the more I go through it.
>
> My goal was simplicity along with the unreal scaling to see everything at
> once, of course it didn't stay as simple as I wanted and I'm easily confused
> anyhow. ;^)
>
> Bob

I thought it too easy to bother with making another version, anyone should be
able to convert to 3.6 in about ten minutes. You have to input Julian manually
and replace glows.

In planets.inc replace
//#include "megatime.inc" // declare JulianDate, ctime, Time, Date

with functions from that page you need to:
  #declare JulianDate = 2454679.92648; // solar eclip
  #declare ctime = j2ctime(JulianDate);
  j2datetime(JulianDate)

Replace glows with something like:
laser(A,B,rad,C)