POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : So I managed to recreate the segfault... : So I managed to recreate the segfault... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:26:08 EDT (-0400)
  So I managed to recreate the segfault...
From: clipka
Date: 26 Jan 2009 18:55:01
Message: <web.497e48b7f49e5fc3122a8da90@news.povray.org>
At last, POV has segfaulted in balcony.pov again! This time with coredump
enabled.

Let's see what gdb has to say:

    Core was generated by `povray -D -O~reference-output-exp.png render.ini`

Uh-huh... so far nothing new... okay, tell me, wise gdb, *where* and *why* did
it segfault? Let's see:

    #0  00x00000000005b0c83 in ?? ()

Duh. Why do I get the feeling that this is *not* where the error actually
originated...?

Well, how about a stack trace then?

    (gdb) bt
    #0  0x000000000005b0c83 in ?? ()
    Cannot access memory at address 0x430030d8

Great. That would have been too easy, wouldn't it?

Blood-stained excrements of a male bovine.

Chris, or someone else with access to the source code - can someone please check
whether I might have made any stupid blunder in the implementation of the "trace
ticket" mechanism? It's currently the hottest candidate for causing (or
triggering) the trouble.

Anyone with expertise about whether this could actually be the symptom of a
stack overflow?