POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Glows show through objects? : Re: Glows show through objects? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:29:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glows show through objects?
From: triple r
Date: 25 Jan 2009 11:45:01
Message: <web.497c96aca7c344784f183f000@news.povray.org>
"[GDS|Entropy]" <gds### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Been bout a year since I've been around here, so, I hope everyone is doing
> well.
> I was dicking around the other day and noticed that glows seem to show
> through objects in MP1.21...or that I've done something wrong.

I seem to remember the same problem.  I would use the trace function to fix the
problem.  Shoot a ray from the camera toward the object.  Call the glow point
'pt,' the camera point 'cam,' and the point you get shooting a ray from cam
toward pt, 'tr.'  Then if the ray doesn't hit the object at all, or if
vlength(pt-cam) < vlength(tr-cam), draw the glow.  In other words, if the ray
hits the object before it reaches the potential glow, don't draw it.

But there may be a simpler way...

 - Ricky