POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 17:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 25 Jan 2009 08:55:01
Message: <web.497c6ef6c995525d3c6235530@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Reminds me of that Monty Python sketch:
>
>   Don't belittle me.

Sorry, no offense intended - I was belittle-ing both of us, so to speak, 'cause
I, too, was running out of arguments and was about to enter that sketch mode.

> 2) You say that nothing ever enters the EH.

Having read more about it, I must correct myself a bit here: Nothing "ever"
enters the EH unless I fall into it myself...

.... which doesn't mean that it "never" enters the EH.

It doesn't seem to happen all throughout *my* eternity, even though it takes
just a few *moments* for the "victim".

Then again, from what I read, it's not so much a question of *when* the "victim"
will cross the EH, but *where*... because the t-coordinate "becomes
space-like"...

*Very* queer beasts, those black holes.