POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation : Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:20:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Jan 2009 19:40:00
Message: <web.497bb435b528db0df50167bc0@news.povray.org>
While we're on this subject:
I made a small .INI file called 'animation settings', where I've put stuff like
Final_Frame=100, Cyclic_Animation=on, etc. It is then called by my main .INI
file. (It's easy to change settings that way). Prior to posting this seed
problem, I had the (vague) idea that I could stick a #while loop into
'animation settings', to change some values there as the animation proceeded.
But what I found was that SDL syntax doesn't work--or isn't recognized--in an
..INI file. Looking at the docs, section "3.1.2.5.1  Constant" says that
something like a simple Declare=myvalue=1 does work. No mention of any other
syntax, though. So I assume that nothing like a loop or more complex syntax can
go there, nor any 'changing' values. Am I correct?

Continuing with that question: Is an .INI file parsed *each* time, per frame? Or
just once for the entire animation? I'm curious.

Ken W.