POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation : Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: problem: repeating rand patterns using seed in animation
From: Kenneth
Date: 24 Jan 2009 19:00:00
Message: <web.497baab8b528db0df50167bc0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> So how about, at the end of any animation, pull one more rand() value to seed()
> the next run?

Another good solution--if only there was a way to 'save' that rand value to load
into my SDL scene for the next frame.  Of course, Warp's idea of
#writing/#reading would easily solve that--which I didn't think of when I was
grappling with the problem. :-(  I'm *hoping* to keep all the bits and pieces
within my SDL file, though. I think the #while loop idea seems the most
straightforward for that purpose.

KW