POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:20:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 24 Jan 2009 17:35:00
Message: <web.497b96d2c995525d44fa40c50@news.povray.org>
"triple_r" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Then why are the problems with the metric at the Schwarzschild radius removable
> with a coordinate substitution, e.g. Eddington-Finklestein coordinates?  If
>
> r* = r+2m ln( r/2m - 1 ),
> u = t-r*,
> v = t+r*
>
> Then you work out the details, and - voila - the problems disappear, except at
> the center.  Just sayin' is all...  Oh, but don't let that stop your plans for
> universe domination.

Spoil-sport :P

Don't know, haven't looked at these. At the moment I fancy the're... well,
dunno, maybe just plain wrong? =B)

They look a bit... weird to me in any case. I know UV co-ordinates, but these
don't seem to fit any mesh :P

(Hey, nothing like a bit of ridiculing some (probably) well-established formulae
that can't seem to be argued against; gotta make a few crackpot points after
all...)