POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 19:22:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: nemesis
Date: 24 Jan 2009 16:20:00
Message: <web.497b85eec995525d25158e6e0@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> (Unfortunately, nothing so clear though as to identify the milky way as a mass
> of stars. Or maybe my glasses just aren't good enough for that.)

It's like this: even in the big city, if you look up the sky and begin counting
the stars nearby you soon realize you can't, because looking further next to
the bright ones you can also see lots of smaller, faint flickering dots.  They
are everywhere even though when you first felt venturous enough to try to count
the stars, they didn't seem too many.

I don't know if people on glasses have difficult to distinguish the smaller
stars, but once you start counting by the brightest ones, you inevitably become
more aware of the area closer to it and can distinguish a myriad of smaller
stars next to it...