POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
9 Oct 2024 20:48:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: triple r
Date: 24 Jan 2009 12:15:00
Message: <web.497b4bfec995525def2b9ba40@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> Given that spacetime is notoriously distorted at the EH, this makes *no*
> statement whatsoever about its radial distance from the singularity. It could
> be - ta-ding! - zero after all...
>

> (Again, I find my theory of "EH=singularity" supported - it will mark a paradigm
> shift in the understanding of black holes, and I'm going to be a world-famous
> nobel prize winner, named along with Einstein, Hawking and Feinman! GR and QM
> will at last be proven false, and MY theory will TAKE OVER THE WORLD... no, THE
> *UNIVERSE*! *MUAHAHAHAHA*!)

Then why are the problems with the metric at the Schwarzschild radius removable
with a coordinate substitution, e.g. Eddington-Finklestein coordinates?  If

r* = r+2m ln( r/2m - 1 ),
u = t-r*,
v = t+r*

Then you work out the details, and - voila - the problems disappear, except at
the center.  Just sayin' is all...  Oh, but don't let that stop your plans for
universe domination.

 - Ricky