POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:18:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: nemesis
Date: 23 Jan 2009 23:05:00
Message: <web.497a92d8c995525d18134d760@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > blinking stars so far away and so static -- the universe revolves around
> > mundane job, bills and society's many rituals. :P
>
> Yeah, and for too many of them, the world actually revolves around *them* :)

That's the worst. ;)

> BTW, as a child I pictured that as of course the world is round, then whenever
> we would be driving around, the world would revolve below us... and, by the
> way, of course mountains would be the places where the earth was "bent" :)

hah!

BTW, has any of you guys ever witnessed the Milky Way by your own eyes?  I did
as a pre-teen, one of the most amazing moments in my life, no doubt.  My family
went in vacation to some rural place of sorts and I was roaming around in my
bike until dark at night.  I looked up at the sky and couldn't believe the
sheer amount of stars just above my head!  There were so many that they
gathered in thick luminous regions, which at first I thought were clouds, but
then remembered the sky was clean in the afternoon and looking more closely, it
could be seen very faint flickering in said clouds... quite a moment!  You feel
right in space, in the full glory of a 180% view of the universe... I recommend
any of you at least once to take refuge from noisy and bright cityscapes just to
marvel at this true natural beauty.

It's why I'm so full of passion for astronomic topics... :)