POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Ocean waves (WIP) : Re: Ocean waves (WIP) Server Time
28 Sep 2024 14:56:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ocean waves (WIP)
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2009 16:55:00
Message: <web.497a3bd44577151bdc576310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Thanks for the advice, but I'd like to stick to WMP if it can be helped.
>
>   Purely out of curiosity: Why?
>
>   (I ask this because it makes little sense to me. VLC, like mplayer, is
> quite notorious for its extensive and high-quality support for a very
> wide variety of video and audio formats, so there's a high probability
> that it will play almost anything you throw at it, if it's a video file.
> And it's not like it would *replace* WMP. You would have it alongside
> it, so you can always *choose* which one to use. Thus I honestly don't
> see any logical reason to avoid trying VLC.)

Exactly because of that: I do not *want* two things for the same job. Probably
because I'd hate having to adapt to different UIs on a daily basis.

And, having all my mp3 collection in WMP's media library, and having gotten
accustomed to how it's operated, I'd prefer that one single thing to be the
WMP, not some new piece of software.