POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
6 Sep 2024 21:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2009 16:25:00
Message: <web.497a35a4c995525dbdc576310@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Well, it's all relative to the observer, so from our point of view the
> universe indeed revolves around us.  Actually, to the common man in the
> streets -- whose view at nights is occluded by both smog polution and
> city lights so he doesn't really take the time to look up the few
> blinking stars so far away and so static -- the universe revolves around
> mundane job, bills and society's many rituals. :P

Yeah, and for too many of them, the world actually revolves around *them* :)

BTW, as a child I pictured that as of course the world is round, then whenever
we would be driving around, the world would revolve below us... and, by the
way, of course mountains would be the places where the earth was "bent" :)