POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. : Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc. Server Time
7 Sep 2024 01:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Physics, relativity, quantum, etc.
From: clipka
Date: 23 Jan 2009 12:40:00
Message: <web.497a0015c995525dbdc576310@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > What happens to the point where the victim was "hanging out"?
>
>   The victim was not "hanging out" anywhere. There were simply some
> leftover photons there, going out (with asymptotically lessening frequency).

No, there's not enough space "wrapped up" to keep them there. It's instead the
phenomenon of time dilation - the fact that time is "wrapped up" there as well
(after all, it's the *spacetime* that is warped) - that produces the effect.

From an outside observer's frame of reference, the victim not only *appears* to
be "hanging out there", he still physically *is*.

Maybe I'll draw a picture this weekend to illustrate what I mean.